Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We have started the "checks"

I swear the doctor was trying to find my stomach she was so far up there! It is just not right that she could feel his head, with her fingers. Moving on.

She was as baffled as everybody who looks at my stomach about how sideways my stomach is. So she pushed him around some more and was pretty sure that he is head down, but wasn't positive and since I am as far along as I am, she did an ultrasound. Definitely a pleasant surprise. Especially after the whole checking thing. So I got to see him again! It is so different now that he is so much bigger. I could totally tell what I was looking at this time. Everything from his head to his skinny little legs...definitely not his mother's legs.

It is still so bizarre that I have a human growing inside of me. Seriously. How messed up is that? The whole reproduction/pregnancy thing is so far beyond comprehension it's amazing.

Anyway, the ultrasound showed that he is in fact head down and ready to go. The rest of him seems to be perfectly happy seeing how far around my middle he can spread out, but at least he is aimed in the right direction. Based on the width dimensions of my stomach, it is totally possible I am going to have a four foot baby. At least I think it's possible.

Other highlights of the appointment:
Blood pressure is still a bit high. Not any higher than last week, but still "borderline."
My feet could easily be mistaken for those of an ogre. Totally normal for pregnant chicks.
I get dizzy very easily. Also totally normal for pregnant chicks. Travis still thinks it's funny to ask how I can tell. Ha. Ha.
I didn't gain any weight this week. None. Zero. That is the first time that has happened since November.

2 comments:

  1. Well....we know he will have 4 big toes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha!!! Ohmygod! That is too funny, Kari! Sorry, Jax!

    ReplyDelete