Tuesday, June 9, 2009

5 More Weeks

Yesterday's doctor appointment went well. Tack on another 3.5 pounds to make the grand total 24.5 pounds of weight gain. It is strange and interesting that the weight gain varies so much. 6 pounds in two weeks to 3.5 pounds in two weeks. Makes sense to keep you guessing about that since everything else is so normal and cut and dry.

For the first time, my doctor really pushed the kid around a bit to see where she thinks he is currently setting up camp. Now I have pushed and poked him a bit, but she pretty much grabbed ahold and moved him around. She thinks he is head down and the spot I have thought was his head this whole time, is apparently most likely his back. The part of him jabbing me in the ribs every day all day, she believes to be his butt. He has a bony butt. When she moved him, I could totally feel exactly where he was and I swear I could tell how big he is. The movement made me a little nauseated, and the size made my parts scared.

According to a weekly preggo update, he is supposed to be head down with his head "engaged." Pretty sure there are a select few things I am ok with being engaged with that part of my body. A child's head is not one of them.

All of this head down and engaging and being able to see him move means only one thing...he is coming out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment