Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sure, why not?

The amount of mental energy getting spent on the excretion processes of my child's body is just getting annoying.  He is still doing great at daycare.  He is also still fooling me into believing he has any interest in using anything other than his pants for bathroom activities when he is not at daycare.

I had pretty much given up on trying to make him use the bathroom at home for now and I was ok with it.  Pressuring him into it is not gonna do anything other than irritate both us, so why do it right?  He'll get there.  He is not quite 3 years old.  We'll figure it out.  I was ok with this.

Then yesterday when I got there to pick him up, the teacher got all excited and asked if he wanted to tell me about his day.  And he did!  No accidents!  Yay!  Let's jump and down and high five!  Another accident free day at daycare must mean he really is ready and we should totally not put a diaper on!

He invited me to play with some trucks and I happily accepted for a couple minutes.  Then I told him I was going to get his stuff and we should get going.  He agreed.  Good good.  I came back 39 seconds later and his shorts were soaking wet.  Really?  Are you kidding me dude?  You went 8&1/2 hours without pissing in your pants, but you just couldn't manage to maintain that ability this last time?  It is seriously like he switches off Potty Training Mode in his brain when he sees me.  

I took a deep breath to soothe my frustration and reminded him to tell me if he needs to pee.  He assured me he didn't need to go.  Well no shit.  Your soaking wet shorts and now also pee-soaked socks were pretty clear indicators that your bladder emptying needs have been fulfilled.  We went into the bathroom and in all of my brilliance, I figured since he just peed, we could replace the soaked underwear with clean ones and be on our way to a single accident day.  Is anyone else impressed with my level of stupidity?  We were home for maybe 30 minutes, my phone rang and distracted me from asking him if he had to pee every other second.  I ran into the kitchen, grabbed my phone and came back outside to see him on all fours, but with straight knees and elbows like some sort of Pee Monster Bridge, with pee pouring out of his shorts.  I am now convinced we need to set up some sort of savings account to pay for the therapist we are going to need to help him learn how to deal with the embarrassment of wearing diapers to prom.

I was looking for my sanity, but then I realized it's swishing around in the wash machine with every pair of shorts my son owns.  Hopefully it will come out pee-free and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment