Friday, May 25, 2012

Shoulda Had a V8

Yesterday, while trying to coerce Alex into leaving the super duper exciting toys in the baby room to go potty and then leave, I called him Alan.  Just straight up called him the wrong name.  I didn't even stumble over it.  Just, "Alan!  Let's go!"  I don't even know anyone named Alan.  And it took me a couple long quiet seconds to realize I called out the wrong name.  While my brain synapses were sloooowly firing and giving me a What the Hell Was That signal, another mom just looked at me and was like, "ummm...did you just call him Alan?"  Yep. Sure did.  Impressed?

I get to work from home today which means the mutt gets to go with in the car to take Alex, not Alan, to day care.  Alex loves it because he gets some quality time with his "friend dog Aiden."  Aiden loves it because she can stick her head out the window for a split second, bring it back in suddenly, conduct a full body sneeze orchestra, and then stick her head back out the window.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I love it because I have a furry little companion with me on the ride home...and I don't have to close all of the windows to make sure she doesn't bust through a screen while I am gone.  Oh, and I don't have to load my bed up with various household items to make sure she doesn't jump up there and pee on my new memory foam mattress topper.  So basically, wins all around.

On the way home this morning, I actually pointed out a school bus to her.  To the dog.  I said to my dog, "Look!  There's a school bus!"  That is how well this child has me trained.  Now if I could just remember his name we would be in business.

I. Am. Losing. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment