Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Still askin'

Alex asks why more often than...I don't know, I can't come up with something apropos that happens as often as this kid asks why.  I try so hard to answer him.  But there are only so many why's I can answer.  More often than not, after about 7 why's, I land on "I don't know."  The other day we were in the car and he was on a roll.  Every single time I answered a question, he would ask why, and I would answer.  But that answer would only produce another why.  After I was certain a death of drowning in a never ending black hole of why's was imminent, I said, "Duuuuuuuude.  You are killin' me with the why's."

And he just looked at me in the rear view mirror, and with a I've Got a Good One smile on his face and a tiny naughty giggle he said, "Why?"

It terrifies me that he understands that is funny already.

No comments:

Post a Comment