Thursday, May 17, 2012

MOM!

With Alex being sick and Travis having a completely inflexible job, I spent an awful lot of time with the beast Monday mid-morning through Wednesday morning.  By the time we got home from daycare yesterday, I could feel my patience running real thin-like.  But he wasn't doing anything to use up my patience, so I couldn't figure out what my problem was.  I feel like shit due to his excellence in germ spreading, but that wasn't quite it either.

And then I figured it out.  During the sick-kid time frame, I heard the word "mom" no less than 10,918,347,892,837,492 times.  No joke.  Every single time I wasn't within his eyesight, "MOM!"  Every time I went to the bathroom, every time I went upstairs, every time I let the dog in or out...MOM!

The thing is, he wasn't trying to be obnoxious.  For the most part, MOM! was followed with, "Will you come watch TV with me?" or "I want you to hooooooooold me."  But the tone he uses...all it reminded me of was Will Ferrell in "Wedding Crashers."  For two and a half days, I had a miniature Will Ferrell in a silk robe screaming at me for meatloaf.  I have never felt this strong of a desire to change my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment