Monday, May 7, 2012

No More Sass!

This kid is reaching an absurd level of sassy.  Then you mix in tantrums over anything and everything and you get one frustrated Mama and one frustrated kid.

Mornings have proven to be particularly difficult.  He doesn't want to get dressed.  He wants to be the one to turn off the tv, but he doesn't want to turn the tv off, MOM.  He doesn't want me to put the remote control away, but I don't dare hand it to him!  He wanted to do it!  My favorite so far was when he turned to me and yelled, "But you're being mad at me!"  Yes, yes I am.  

It's all very typical 2-3 year old shit, but holy man...it's gonna be a long slow uphill gravely road.

But then he goes and does something that smooths out the pavement juuuuust a little bit.  Last night I was putting him to bed and he reached up and asked me to bring my head close to his face.  He pet my head and said, "You my best friend Mama."  And instantaneously I forgot about all the sass.  

Don't worry though, my memory was jolted back into reality ten minutes later.  I heard him playing with a hula hoop in his room and I told him he better get in bed.  His response?  I am in bed Mama.  I could hear the eye roll through the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment