Thursday, May 3, 2012

Changes

The crib has been removed.  Alex now sleeps in a toddler bed.  A toddler bed that he can get out of whenever he so chooses.  So far, all's good.  He has slept through the night without getting or falling out.  I am a bit concerned about the falling out part.  Only because if he does in fact vacate the bed, he will abruptly meet the bare hardwood floor.  A sensible person would put a nice rug down next to the bed to soften the blow.  Yes yes.  But a sensible person wouldn't have an asshat for a dog.  We have learned our pee-soaked lesson with the rug in his room.

Yesterday he stayed in his bed in the morning and only got out once he successfully beckoned me to his bedside.  This morning, not so much.  I could hear him rustling around in there while I was getting ready, but I figured I would let it play out and see what happened.  He finally called for me once he had collapsed his clothes hamper on himself.  I went in expecting a scene straight out of Twister, but was pleasantly surprised.  He had his little Cars futon unfolded and aside from his leg being stuck in said collapsed hamper, everything was as it should be.  Who is this child and what has he done with Alex?

In other My Baby Is No Longer a Baby news, we are starting potty training like for real.  I am taking underwear and eight pairs of pants to daycare now every morning.  I have a hard time believing this is going to work since that kid will sit in a completely soaked diaper for hours if it means he doesn't have to go inside.  But apparently at daycare he immediately tells the teachers when he needs to be changed.  Another indicator...when he was at my parents' while I was gone, he called for Grandma saying he needed help.  She found him in the living room, standing in front of the tv with his pants down, no diaper.  The diaper was sitting next to him on the white carpet with poop in it.

So although he doesn't seem to be ready at home, he is obviously ready.  Now he just needs to find a mom who's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment