Thursday, April 28, 2011

Stop it.

One of these days it will sink in that this kid is learning by watching other people. Mainly his parents. Who don't have a clue. Good call kid. Anyway, I consistently forget that he is going to mimic anything and everything we say or do. Example here and here. I am getting better about the language though.

When Alex is doing something we don't want him to do, we obviously tell him not to do it. And when he doesn't listen we tell him again. And when he doesn't listen again, we get in his face and tell him to "stop it!" Wanna guess where this is going? Yeeeeeah.

The second I do something he doesn't like, "Stop! Stop it Mama!" Awesome. When I try to hold his hand in a parking lot, you know so he doesn't get run over, Stop it Mama! Because heaven forbid he wouldn't be free to run around a parking lot poking at all the wheels of all the cars. Any attempt to wipe his nose...Stop it! This morning killed me though. We were in the car and Janis Joplin came on the radio. I, of course, started singing to him. He looked me square in the eye, and with shockingly little emotion, "stop it mama."

No comments:

Post a Comment