Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snot snot everywhere!

As with every other germ infested outbreak monkey that goes to daycare, Alex is constantly in a revolving door of sick. He gets sick, he gets better for like 2 weeks, he gets sick. Lather, rinse, repeat. Emphasis on the lather please. I am really looking forward to nicer weather. I don't know if it's fact that people don't get sick as often in the summer or not, but it seems that way and I am going with it.

Anywho, in the least shocking news of the day: Alex has a cold! Complete with runny nose and old man smoker's cough. He is taking it in stride though and not being overly cranky, so I shouldn't really complain. But I'm gonna.

The runny nose kills me. Just thinking about it makes me gag a little. This morning in the car was just down right nasty. First I hear him giggling so I peek back to see what is tickling his fancy. It was a string of snot that was making a bridge between two mountains of blanket. Barf #1. Then a short bit later my attention is beckoned with a very flat, "Mom." I look back and see a giant smile and a finger pointing to a giant slimy slug trail of snot on the verge of breeching his upper lip and landing in his open mouth. Big barf #2. As I am gagging, I throw the napkin I had my bagel wrapped in at him and gag out a demand for a nose wiping. Luckily he has this mastered since letting him do it is the only way to avoid a complete meltdown fit every time you have to de-snot this kid.

Come on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment