Monday, April 11, 2011

Not yet.

I know I said I am super happy Alex can talk, and make sense, a lot more now. But then there are times I am sorry I wished for that. Like when I ask him if I can snuggle him. And he responds, "No, thank you." Ummm...I guess I am glad he is using his manners...?

Another thing happened this weekend though. He kicked his shoe off in the car, followed with the least believable "uh-oh" yet. And then he started pulling on his sock and saying "off?" So I told him no and that he needed to leave his sock on. And then I heard the word I didn't think I was going to hear for quite a while...Why?

Noooooo! Not yet. I won't allow it. I don't wanna! He is not old enough for the never ending string of why?why?why? Or at least I am not ready for that never ending string. Mostly because my reasons for wanting things are no where in the same stratosphere as his understanding. Why can't you take your sock off? Because we are 5 minutes from daycare and I don't want to bring in a kid missing one shoe and one sock. I impress them daily on my own without you throwing extra hijinks into the mix. The meaning gets lost somewhere in the adult- to toddler-ese translation. So I end up with the all encompassing response of "Because." Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment