Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two's. They're terrible.

Alex has found the joy of playing in the car. He loves it. As soon as I unbuckle him, he climbs into the driver's seat and goes nuts. He pushes every button, turns every dial. After he gets everything set to his standard he explores the rest of the vehicle. Yesterday he figured out that he can stand in the back of truck. The look of amazement he gave me through the window was fantastic. He also recently discovered the automatic locks. So when the button catches his eye, there is a good 20 seconds when all you can hear is "clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk" from him pushing the button over and over and over. Can automatic locks wear out?

Aside from the amount of time I now spend standing outside the truck, I love that he loves it. It reminds me of how much I used to love playing in the car. And every time I start the truck it's like a surprise party! The windshield wipers are going, the blinker is on, the lights are not only on, but set to brights!

Then the fact that he is almost a 2 year old comes into play. He raises holy hell when he can't play in the car after a trip. Any trip. This morning taking him out of his seat and not letting him play when we got to daycare resulted in an epic meltdown. Always fun to walk into daycare with a screaming, crying, snot baby that clearly thinks you're a big jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment