Tuesday, January 18, 2011

When baby's happy, everyone's happy.

Once again Alex has proven he has ultimate control over me.


Yesterday morning he woke up on the WRONG side of the crib. Good gravy was that child grumpy. The whole morning was consumed with whining and small tantrums. Culminating in an epic wrestling match. I am proud to announce, I won. He left the house not only with a diaper on but also fully clothed. Aaaand I kept my shit together and didn't get all angry. Sorry, I kept my sugar together. He was grumpy all the way to daycare and even scowled at his favorite teacher when we got there. After I dropped him off, I was all grumpy and not wanting to face the day.

Then this morning, he woke up in a great mood. He was super cute all morning and with a little distraction from Jungle Junction, getting him dressed was a breeze. The whole drive to daycare he talked to me. His chatter was only interrupted by Fruit Loops being crammed into his mouth, or by his laughter when he realized how funny whatever he just said was. He was excited to play when he got there and even gave me a kiss good-bye. I left with a bounce in my step and ready to tackle the day.

I can't decide if this is an incredible display of empathy or a ridiculous and total lack of emotional control. What I do know is that I really like it when that kid is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment