Friday, January 7, 2011

Explanation

After re-reading my previous post, I feel the need to defend/justify my stupidity. The stupidity in that I am always the one to get up and deal with nighttime issues while my darling dear of a husband slumbers peacefully. Here we go...

When we first had Alex, Travis was working about an hour away from home. So not only was he driving around on country roads all day, he had to drive an hour there and an hour back. With all of that time behind the wheel, I did not want him losing sleep. Sleepy drivers are no good. Since I am merely driving a desk, I got up with the boy. Now, even though Travis is working closer to home, I have gotten so used to getting up, I immediately wake up when Alex is fussing. And conversely, Travis has gotten so used to not getting up, he doesn't wake up. At all. Ever.

A rational person would say that I should then wake him up and have him deal with whatever hyjinx are going on downstairs. But here's the problem...well a couple problems...

1. Even if I wake him up and he goes downstairs, I can still hear everything and I am stuck laying there awake, listening.
2. Trying to wake Travis up in the middle of the night is what I imagine it is like trying to wake a hibernating bear mid-January. It's beyond difficult, incredibly frustrating and all you end up with is a cranky bear. And you sitting there. Wide awake. Listening to a crying baby.

Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment