Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teeth and Tantrums be DAMNED!!

I can't believe it, but I forgot how much it sucks to share a house and life with a teething child. Two year molars have reacquainted me with this horror. The drooling, the snot, the fingers jammed in the mouth, the whining. And the sinuses draining giving Alex that lovely old man that has smoked for 1,000 years cough. So add that to the tantrums and the biting and I think we have a certified "terrible two's" 1&1/2 year old.

The tantrums have pushed Travis into reading Happiest Toddler on the Block...again. We both started reading it a while ago, but neither of us really got into it. At the time, the tantrums were not all that frequent or insanely ridiculous, so my half-assed attempts at applying the theory presented in the book didn't really do much. But now that we need to figure out how to control a Tazmainian Devil on a bad acid trip, I figure I'll give it another go. I am willing to learn how to stand on my head while juggling and riding a unicycle if it will get this kid to ease up on the rubber-limbed, red faced, rolling on the floor tantrums. So reading a book and giving this guy's ideas a shot seems reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment