Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Eat dammit!

The last two nights Alex has not eaten nearly as much rice cereal as he has been. You wouldn't think that was that big of a deal right? WRONG. So so wrong. He immediately went back to his old nighttime eating schedule. The one where he eats every four hours. Yeah, that one. Awesome. Combine that with the stuffy nose pace of eating, and you get one tired mommy.

It's not shocking how quickly I became used to sleeping at night, but wow was I enjoying it. You know how they say you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone? Joni Mitchell has never sung truer words. I knew it was good, but I didn't realize how good. I admit, I was a little annoyed that he was waking up at 4:30am after sleeping all night. I would give cactus a deep tissue massage to get that wake up time back. And it's only been two nights without it!

Perhaps a bigger issue with this is that I am getting a cold. I am so tired without getting out of bed every four hours, that I just about cried at 3:00 this morning right along with Alex while I was making a bottle for him. But what do you? You get up make the bottle, feed the kid, and hope for some sympathy somewhere along the way. But then you realize you got yourself into this mess, so ya suck it up and get up in four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment