Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ahh the joys of motherhood.

Tuesday I tried to buy new glasses. I am pretty sure I tried on 94% of the glasses Lens Crafters had to offer. Many of them more than once forgetting that I had already tried them on. It took some time. But, I got them all picked out and after talking in circles with the sales guy we decide to put the glasses on hold while we wait for Target to fax over my prescription. Wednesday I find out my prescription has expired...in October. Of course it has. So I quickly get an appointment for 5:20pm. I talk to Trav, he is going to pick up the beast. Good plan right? Guess what? Plans change!

Travis had to work late...again. So I went and picked up the boy and off to the mall we went. Without a stroller. Awesome. Because who doesn't like lugging around a 12lb car seat with a 15lb 15oz baby snuggled inside? I know I do! And, as I have never taken a baby to an eye exam, I wasn't sure how this was going to work out, but whatcha gonna do?

So I get there right on time, go to check in, and learn that the boy that made my appointment apparently didn't save it, so someone else got it. I say "boy" because there is no way that kid was over 14. Perhaps I am just that old. Moving on. So they tell me they can probably squeeze me in...if I can wait a little bit. I look down at my feet and see my boy smiling at me with a stuffed frog hanging out of his mouth by one of its feet and I figure sure! Why not? He'll be fine! And he totally was. He was smiling at everyone and was only fussy for a little bit near the end of the exam when it was very clear the entertainment value of the frog was rapidly diminishing.

So we get through the exam, argue a bit when they tried to overcharge me for it, and go to buy the glasses. I am now holding Alex as there is no way he is going to be happy staying in his car seat any longer. All the employees keep stopping and chatting with him. Everything went very smoothly.

Until....until she was going through the different lens options with me. Thank goodness that card that has all the lens options is heavily laminated. He hadn't eaten for two hours. And it happened anyway. He barfed on the counter. Not a lot by any means, but any amount of barf on a counter in a Lens Crafters is a lot. I am super excited to go back and pick up my glasses. I think I will leave Alex at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment