Thursday, December 10, 2009

From Rockstar to Recruit

For the last couple of weeks, Travis has been on my case about getting Alex's hair cut. I am not a big proponent of this idea. I love his hair. It is out of control. It stands up where it wants to, it lays down where it wants to. It cracks me up. Travis has thought for some time that his hair is not alright. He thinks our sweet little furry baby looks ridiculous. I think he looks like a punk rocker, but baby-size.

Yesterday, Travis's mistaken opinion was seconded by Kari. Loudly seconded. Repeatedly seconded.

We had a snow day. I was working from home, she was sitting on my couch. I casually made a comment about the fact that Travis wants to cut his hair. She was all, YES! Let's do it! Get the clippers! And I was all, Whoa whoa whoa missy. Have you not seen how freaking adorable this kid's hair is? It rules. So I sent Travis a message saying he needed to get home or Kari was going to go in with the clippers humming. He was absolutely no help. His message back? "Ok, just make sure to video it!" Umm..what? No. No no no. He was supposed to come back with something about how Alex is so little, so young, so not needing a hair cut! But he didn't. And with that message, Kari was unstoppable.

So into the kitchen/hair salon we went. We turned the clippers on and off a couple times while I was holding him to get him used to the noise of it so it didn't freak him out. Then into the Bumbo chair he went. Kari was armed with a clippers. I was armed with a video camera. And it began. And I freaked out.

Clicking this link will take you to the horror. I promise Alex is only upset for about the first 15 seconds or so. He actually liked the clippers on his head.

I will readily admit, I think it looks cute. But good gravy does he look old. He's not my furry little baby anymore. He looks like a little boy. Travis loves it. He says he looks tough. I say HE IS FIVE MONTHS OLD! He shouldn't look tough! He should be squishy and furry and slobbery. But, I guess two out of three ain't bad.

2 comments:

  1. YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME! I would have told you what you wanted to hear. That child's hair was precious! Luckily, the rest of him still is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG! I leave Madison for 1 year and all hell break lose. That child is so cute, though, and nothing can stop that. But I miss the hair!

    ReplyDelete