Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shots for Alex...and some others for me

The past week has been insane-o. And the holidays aren't over yet. Not by a long shot. We have New Year's to deal with and then off to Minnesota for the Julius Family Christmas. This is all following Christmas Eve and Christmas at my parents' house, my birthday, Alex's half birthday and a six month doctor's appointment from hell.

As I am now officially 32, I am hoping I will learn one of these days that it really really sucks the next day when you stay up late drinking wine and shaking your booty to your new Wii game with your lady friends. Today is not proving to be my best performance. I got a message from daycare that I forgot a blanket for Alex...being that he is one of very few boys there...he is currently swaddled all in pink for his nap. They sent a picture.

I went ahead and decided my birthday present to myself was going to be taking Alex to his six month check-up. Happy Birthday to me! Not so much. All was going swimmingly until I was informed he was once again getting shots. FIVE OF THEM. He already was more than a bit whimpery because of that stinkin' second tooth that just will not get through already! And he was about a 1/2 hour overdue for a feed-fest. And then they stabbed his chubby little thighs FIVE TIMES. He was so sad and mad and hurty. It sucked. I was within a caterpillar's eyelash of crying right along with him.

But all was healed with a birthday lunch at Laredo's with my mom, sister and her kids. Mmmmm...burritos. And then healed even further at Kari's house. Appetizer Extravaganza! I have said it before, but it warrants saying again: These people make some kick-ass food. The Extravaganza was deliciously fabulous. And it was complete with Lemon Drop shots. And a ridiculous amount of wine. Hence the booty shaking and blanket forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment