Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh Pillow, How I Missed Thee

10 hours. The boy slept for 10 hours last night. I slept for 8. 8! It was delicious. There was a mild fussy moment around 3 this morning when I thought all my hopes and dreams were once again being bulldozed beyond recognition. But the fussiness only lasted about 2 minutes, never got above a low roar, and back to dreamland he went. Until 5:30 this morning. I am relishing in the moment as long as possible. Keeping the rested feeling fresh in my mind so tonight when he wakes up 16 times filled with the rage of Medusa, and I end up sleeping in the recliner, I can dream of last night and the comforts of my bed.

In other news, fruits and veggies are going great! I managed to not screw up green beans the second time around and turns out he loves them. This little contraption has made the whole ordeal infinitely easier. My big food processor is ear piercingly loud and wasn't really getting things to the puree level it claims to be able to produce. Anyway, about 10 minutes of steaming and then 45 seconds in that little food processor and WHAMO! food for he with the squishy cheeks. I may have gotten a bit carried away with the carrots last night. Who knew that half of one of the big bags of baby carrots would make that much carrot puree? I filled an entire ice cube tray and still had enough left over for him to eat for next three days. It is really gonna suck if he doesn't like carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment