Thursday, July 19, 2012

The calm after the storm

I really think this potty training idea is sticking in my kid's head.  And I said as much to two of my friends this morning.  Both had the same response:

Like indoors and everything?

Kinda puts you in your place when your friends have to clarify if  your child is using indoor plumping or not.  Stay classy Julius family, stay classy.

I will tell you this though.  Every single time he stops what he is doing, looks around inquisitively for a second, and then runs to the bathroom leaving a wake of shorts, shoes, socks and underwear behind him, I cannot contain my pride.  I just stand there beaming like a lighthouse and ask if he needs help.

One of my friends also asked how relieved I was that he has finally figured this out.  Yes, I am relieved, but I have to admit, now that we can see the bathroom light at the end of the tunnel, the laundry and stress and laundry and messes and ohmygodthelaundry seem like a tiny little blip on the radar.  It's just so funny to me how wrapped up in his stuff I let myself get.  Like when he was biting, I felt like he was going to have to wear a muzzle forever.  Or when he was sitting on smaller children and I felt like we were going to have to have him in a dog crate for the safety of others.  While you're in the heat of the battle, the task at hand seems so huge and insurmountable.  But the instant it's over and everyone prevails, the anguish vanishes and you can't believe you let yourself get so worried.

Or maybe that's just me and my obsessive brains.  Who knows.  All I know is I have an awesome 3 year old that doesn't piss in his pants anymore.  Now, that's what I'm talkin' about BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment