Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bark! Bark!

It was easily a 1,439 degrees and at least 257% humidity yesterday.  There was a breeze, but it felt like Mother Nature just got a new high powered blow drier and was trying it out on the trees.  Needless to say, the dog was not in the mood to play.  Not that she could have played the game Alex wanted to play seeing as though he wanted her up in his fort, laying down, while he pretended to drive the fort on various errands.  So guess who got to pretend she was a dog?  Mama.

I wasn't allowed to talk, just bark.  I had to be sure to display the appropriate emotions when I was told he was leaving for or arriving back from a trip.  I wasn't allowed to walk upright because, duh, dogs don't walk on two feet.  Any time I did stand up, Alex would instructed me to get down on my paws.  He would say it in a super soft, kinda high pitched, talking to a puppy type of voice though, so on my hands and knees I went.  I took pretend dog naps in my pretend dog cage while he was pretend gone.  I was even introduced to the neighbor as his new friend dog.

I might need to get that kid a sibling.  Or a more willing dog at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment