Thursday, July 19, 2012

3 year old life coach

I had something like 17 miles left until my gas tank was empty so we stopped for gas this morning.  Alex really likes helping me pump gas.  As soon as I unbuckled the straps on his car seat, he flung them aside and jumped out of his seat.  We got gas, he used the disgusting frayed windshield washer thingy to wash various 2" square spots on my car, grabbed the receipt and got back on our way.

He loves hanging on to receipts and pretending they are going to fly away.  Proven to be one of his favorite activities after we check out at the grocery store.  So I gave him the receipt from the gas pump.  He rolled down his window and held the receipt up so it would flap in the wind.  Then the giggling started while he was yelling at me to Look!  It's waving like a sail!  And then he belted out my new favorite thing he says:

That's what I'm talkin' about BABY!

His excitement and uncontainable joy over something so simple as a receipt flapping in the wind made my day.  And for your fill of cliché, it really did make me think that we could all use a three year old's amazement as a lesson.  A lesson in just not being so stressed out.  In taking a minute to be amazed by something.  In not worrying about what's next.  Just watch that receipt flutter and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment