Monday, July 9, 2012

Swimming with Strangers

We went to Minnesota this weekend for my nephew's birthday and a belated 4th of July Julius get together.  Alex was really good, only had one accident, but had a rough weekend.

We were at my brother-in-law's neighbors' house to swim for an afternoon.  Neighbors that I have met once.  Alex tried to pet their dog who apparently really doesn't like little kids.  That ended in a dog teeth scraped wrist and the saving graces of a homemade boo-boo buddy.  Then we went swimming.

Alex loves swimming.  He also loves jumping off the diving board and doesn't mind going under the water.  Only problem there is that he very rarely remembers to close his mouth, and therefore ends up swallowing a ton of water.  And when you swallow a ton of water when your parents are throwing you back and forth like a giant beach ball, you apparently throw up your entire hot dog and pickle lunch all over some complete strangers' pool deck.  He was fine after he puked.  I was mortified, but didn't know what else to do, so I scooped up the mess WITH MY HANDS, put it on a paper plate to throw it away and used some pool water to wash the rest into the lawn.  So that was awesome.

About a half hour later, I hear Alex's tell tale cough and I ran over with another paper plate for him to puke on.  I ran over to where he was standing with his father.  Why do I mention that?  Because Travis was apparently just going to let him puke on the pool deck again.  And when I asked why he was puking again, this little gem landed on my eardrums:  He just totally slammed a ton of juice.  I mean, I tried to stop him, but he totally slammed a ton of it.

You "tried to stop him" huh?  You tried to stop your 3 year old son from drinking juice, and you didn't succeed?  He is 3.  You are 33.  You are 6.5 times his size.  You are his father.  You should really have the upper hand in this situation.

At least Alex didn't pee in their lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment