Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Bitch is Back

I swear, this little four year old girl and I are gonna throw down.  Yes, this would the same little girl with the poorly constructed barn.  I thought our strained relationship was getting better...until this morning.  All of the kids in Alex's room were playing with cards when we got there.  Alex loooooves cards these days.  Normally he will pick up a normal deck of cards and start dealing them to me saying "Skip.  Skip.  Skip." with each card dealt.  I figured out this is because they play Uno with the kids at day care.  Apparently he really likes the Skip card.

Anywho, cards this morning.  So the four other kids had an entire table covered in cards, and they were all engaged in what they were doing.  Alex grabbed the Uno deck and excitedly asked me to play cards with him and the other kids.  Not wanting to disrupt whatever game they had going on, I suggested he and I use the other table that was completely empty.  Immediately, that little snot came running over to inform me, "He doesn't know how to play you know."

Couple things...

1.  The "game" the other kids were playing was simply putting the cards face down on the table and claiming they made a cool design out of them.  Anyone can play that game, sweetheart.
2.  He is 2&1/2.  Of course he isn't going to understand the rules of Uno.  He looks at a card with a 6 on it and tells me it's a 3. He's 2&1/2.  When you get a sec little girl....go suck it.

I quickly and nicely told her it didn't matter, and that he and I were going to make up our own game.  The teacher was right there, let me finish, and then reminded that little mini ball of scathing attitude that we don't tease people for not knowing something; we teach them.  She acknowledged and repeated that little mantra and went back to her shitty card "design" and I played with Alex for a couple minutes.

The whole encounter put the knot in my stomach into high festering gear.  My absurd level of attachment has manifested an ugly growth.  I not only want to be around him all the time because I like being around him, but I want to be around him all the time to make sure nobody ever anywhere hurts my boy.  Ever.  And frankly, teasing him for not knowing how to do something very clearly falls into the category of possibly hurting his little feelers.

Teasing him in a not fun way is probably the near the bottom of the long list of Things That Could Happen.  My lovely imagination goes to really nasty places when I let it go on adventures of what could happen to Alex when I am not around.  Mind you, most of those things are probably more apt to happen when I am in charge of him, but that's not the point.  He's my boy and I will box that girl's ears if she keeps this shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment