Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Golden State

Holy man California was great.  Lauryn Hill was a-mazing.  We salsa danced and didn't die from complete fright and intimidation.  Although it was pretty close there for a little bit.  We cheered for the local roller derby girls.  The sunshine was warm.  And we ate and drank ourselves stupid.  G to the Lorious!

Here's the super cool part...I was really happy when I was coming home.  I left with a small longing for no responsibility ever and forever, but I think that is just part of being on a vacation.  If you show me someone that is excited to leave vacation to get back to all aspects of the daily grind and leave the floating sensation of having no schedule to adhere to or deadlines or bosses or laundry or muddy dog feet, I will tell you that person sucks. But I could not wait to get home to my boys.  And my heart just about exploded when I saw them waiting at the bottom of the escalator.  Alex's love of escalators far outweighed his excitement of seeing me, but still...it felt really good to feel good about being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment