Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Snips, snails, puppy dog tails

Travis went into Alex's room to turn the light off last night.  A full two hours after I had left him snuggled with the light off.  Apparently he had other ideas for a bit.  We heard him talking for a little while, but didn't realize he was holding a business meeting with his trucks and Ugli doll/pillow in a fully lit crib conference room.

Any way, Travis came out of Alex's room and promptly announced we no longer have a baby.  We have a full-on little boy.  And he is right.  I swear this kid ages a year every day.  His body shape is leaner and taller.  His thought process is more in depth.  His vocabulary is growing.  That's the one that is gettin' me the most.  His words are changing.  What used to be moco, is now motorcycle.  What used to be mama, is now Jackie.  But! He is still saying guck instead of stuck.  I secretly hope that one stays forever.  He will only get teased a little bit...I mean how often do you say the word stuck in a given day?  Not often enough to warrant life changing teasing, that's for sure.

Further proof of this having a little boy thing, I bought Cars underwear.  For Alex, not me.  They didn't have my size.  But how comforting it would be to have Lightning McQueen so close all day long.  But since I am a greenhorn at this kids' underwear thing, I didn't realize they would have the appropriate size in the toddler section.  I figured I had to go to the boys' section.  Because, as previously stated, I am now the parent of a little boy.  Yeah, my first purchased proved to be all sorts of wrong.  I bought the smallest size and they are waaaaaay too big.  Luckily, my next trip to Target was a more fruitful adventure.  2T-3T Cars underwear; we gots 'em.  Now we just have to figure out how we plan on getting him to stop using his pants as a portable toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment