Monday, February 13, 2012

Predictable.

And in today's least shocking news:  I am feeling sad and guilty about leaving for a long weekend.  Sad that I will be missing my boys.  Guilty that Travis is on his own while I am livin' footloose and fancy free in California. Last night's bed time antics didn't help matters.  When he was crying "I want my Mamaaaaaaaaaaaaa" it just about split my heart in two and I was standing right there.  Knowing that he will/could be crying that while I am hundreds of miles away and can't get there to comfort him, kinda makes me want to vomit.

I need to focus on the good.  I am super excited to see Melanie.  And she is taking me to see Lauryn Hill.  And salsa dancing.  This trip is gonna be lots o' fun in all of its lack of responsibility glory.  And Trav is a grown man; he can handle keeping the household running for three and a half days.  Good talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment