Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1 and counting

Monday marked the completion of Day 1 of training for this half marathon.  Only 39 more runs to go!  Sweet lord.  What have I done?  This is a big ol' mountain of intimidation I am facing.  I will be running 4 times a week for 10 freaking weeks.

I am keeping the anticipated insane sense of accomplishment tucked in the side of brain and go to it when in need of motivation/fear suppression.  I will tell you I am slightly worried this stupid leg of mine won't be able to handle it.  But I would be lying I said there wasn't a hairy little nasty lazy scared to death shred of me that wouldn't be too sad if the ol' leg gave up on this idea.  Hey, it's not me giving up, it's my leg...nothin' I can do about it.  That shred is super small and easily dismissed as the giant wuss inside of me, but there ya have it.

Just realized that now if my leg does actually give up, pretty much nobody that lays an eye on this post will actually believe me.  Good good then.

No comments:

Post a Comment