Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Not helping

I was doing better with my whole Not Wanting to Leave issue.  And then I picked up Alex yesterday and he was a little stuffed up.  And then last night he slept horribly and cried for me more than once.  And then this morning when he woke up it seemed as though his little body maybe has somethin' brewin' in there.

When I dropped him off this morning, his teacher mentioned that he looked tired and I said that I thought he was possibly coming down with something.  Which is when she told me there is a bunch of crap going around and they just found out this morning one of the kids in Alex's old room has bronchitis.  Super.

Then we need to factor in the ridiculousness that is Travis's job.  Due to the insane expectations at his job, he very very rarely can do any day care drop offs or pick ups.  Fine, whatever.  But when I need to be gone, all hell breaks loose because he has to pick up, drop off, pick up on consecutive days!  How dare he?!?  And then add to that that one of the guys on his team also has a kid in daycare who is sick and someone already asked off for Friday.  How could he possibly think he would be able to get away with only working a 9 hour day on Friday?  The gall of that man!  K, I think I'm done and will go back to being grateful we both have jobs and don't have to make the extreme sacrifices many other families do.

So, when you put the pending illness of my boy, the pending missingness I am bound to encounter and the all over insaneness of Travis's job all together, you end up with one big ol' bucket of guilt for a Mama.

1 comment:

  1. You may be feeling guilty, but you should also be feeling terrific that you and Trav have produced and raised a fabulous little kid! I can't imagine how hard it it, but I CAN imagine Alex next year and the year after that and... he's gonna be great! (and will always, every moment, thank you from the bottom of his heart. well, maybe not every moment). Love you, Aunt Meem

    ReplyDelete