Friday, February 3, 2012

Crouching Tiger, Hiding Mama

After his allotted play time in the car last night, Alex decided he wanted to sweep the snow.  I don't know.  He's a weirdee.  Any way, while I was standing out there with him, I saw one of our neighbors coming up the sidewalk walking his dog.  Let's set the scene...

This man is out there.  He uses a ten foot piece of chain as a leash.  His preferred language is sort of jibberish dialect that I can only pick out about every third word.  In the warmer weather, he wears pants and suspenders on his walks.  Only pants and suspenders.  No shirt, no shoes, no jokin'.  He also runs for any and all political offices in our city.  And his dog is kind of a jerk.  And Aiden has proven herself an over-protective, fence guarding, yard shredding asshole of a dog, so these two usually do not get along.  But last night something in the air must have been just right and the stars aligned just so because these two dogs were all tail waggy and through the fence sniffy, but no insane barking.  Which was great and all, but the dogs getting along prompted crazy mayor dude to stop and talk to the dogs...and try to talk to me.

So I did what any cowardly person that doesn't like talking to others would do.  I hid in the garage.  I made sure Alex was in sight, but I hid.  I knew Alex wouldn't talk to him even though this guy was talking to Alex.  And I figured the silent blank stare from a toddler would make him go away faster.  I figured right.  Not overly proud of myself, but I was right.  He went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment