Monday, November 21, 2011

Yep, worth it.

Saturday morning I got up with Alex.  At 6:30.  In the morning.  On a Saturday.

We snuggled on the couch for a bit and then the inevitable...Mama, I want cakes.  Pleeeeeeease.  So off to the kitchen we went.  Alex is really really into helping lately.  Especially in the kitchen or any vacuuming that needs to be done ever anywhere anytime all the time.  So of course he pulled up a chair next to the stove so he could help me.  Which makes me incredibly nervous, so I put my foot up on the chair and put him on my hip/leg with an arm around him to keep him corralled and safely away from the burner.

He helped me stir the pancake batter and flip the first one.  And then, totally unsolicited, he looked up at me, gave me a huge hug and for the first time said, "I love you, Mama."

Pancake provoked statement or not, it was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment