Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Showers

Travis showed Alex that our shower head is one of those removable ones and you can use it like a sprayer.  So guess what bath time has evolved into.  Yep, a 2 year old standing in the bathtub, taking a shower.  Since I know he would stand in there until we ran out of hot water, I plug the tub when he gets in and once the water is deep enough, I turn off the shower and he can play in the tub.

In theory that is a very good idea.  In reality, it sucks.  I spend the first ten minutes diving behind the shower curtain in a sad attempt to avoid getting soaked while continually reminding him to keep the water in the tub, all while trying to wash this kid.  And it doesn't matter how agile and speedy I am with the shower curtain.  I end up getting soaked almost every time.  And it doesn't matter how long he gets to shower before it is time to turn the shower off.  He ends up screaming and clinging to the shower head hose while I pry his fingers off it almost every time.  About 1 in 5 times everything goes smoothly.  And that one time is enough to trick my brain into thinking this is still an ok idea.  Stupid brain.

I figure since Travis is the one that introduced him to the shower, he can be the one to cram his ass in our tiny bathroom and fight the shower fight.  That's fair right?

No comments:

Post a Comment