Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Couch Crashin'

Around midnight Alex decided he was done sleeping.  He wasn't happy about being done sleeping, mind you, he was just all done.  He wasn't happy about anything as a matter of fact.  Things that caused the continual meltdown to get worse and worse:  me not taking him out of his crib; once I took him out of his crib, me sitting with him in the rocking chair instead of him sitting there by himself; me not letting him walk to the refrigerator to get his milk and even worse, not letting him walk back to the chair.  It was bizarre.  Everything just made him scream and cry harder.  So finally I told him I would lay on the couch with him.

And that is where we "slept" for the remainder of the night.  As much as I love cuddling with him on the couch, the quality of sleep when this happens is no where in the same universe as anything acceptable.  I am exhausted and my back and my neck hurt.  Aren't you glad you checked in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment