Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Totally Prepared

It's snowing.  Big flakes.  And the flakes are sticking.  To the ground and more importantly to my car.  Barf.  I realize I either need to move out of WI or get over the fact that winter is gonna come every stinkin' year, but I just can't.  Winter sucks.  It's cold and wet and wet and cold.  Every once in a while it's pretty.  Oh, and Christmas.  But other than that...full suckage.

Upon waking this morning, it was pouring rain.  So I sent Alex to day care in his usual jacket as of late..the zip-in part of his two part jacket.  I am sure they won't be going outside and even if they do, with mittens and a hat, he will be fine.  It just looks so bad to have a little monster running around in a thin liner coat...in the snow.

My lack of acceptance of the fact that winter in an unavoidable occurrence has posed another problem.  I had to take the ice/snow scraper out of my car a while back.  Not because it was gloriously not winter, but because Alex would always find it and then I had an armed 2 year old in the car with me.  Buckled into a car seat or not, that is not a situation in which I want to continually find myself.  So, I took it out and leaned it up against the garage wall so I would be smart and put it back in the car when there was snow in the forecast.  Guess what didn't happen?

I would love to continue to blame this on Alex and play the helpless victim of having a toddler in WI; alas, I cannot.  Yesterday, Alex saw the scraper and asked for it to come along with us.  And as scenes of scraper-whacked temples and shattered back windows raced through my mind, I said no.

So, to recap...my child is not wearing weather appropriate clothing and I have no snow removal utensils.  I am super good at being an independent adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment