Thursday, October 1, 2009

More babies

My sister is having a baby. Like right now as I type. I have been getting status reports throughout the day. Which each report things are obviously progressing. At the time of the last report, they had broken her water and her contractions were getting pretty serious.

Just the thought of that feeling kinda makes me uncomfortable. I don't know if I am just a wus, but I am not one of those people who "forgot" what labor felt like. It hurt. A lot. And once it was time to actually get the kid out, it was hard. However by that point I had taken advantage of pain medication so it didn't hurt anymore, but it was no walk in the park. Having my mom describe the look on my sister's face immediately brought me back to the hospital room and that very long day. The leaking, the sweating, the neverending onslaught of contractions feeling like my spine was separating from my body. Childbirth is no joke.

On to the better thoughts. It's pretty cool that Alex is going to have a cousin so close in age. I have four cousins. Total. And none of them live all that close. So the whole cousins growing up together thing never really was a big deal for me. Alex already has 8, not counting the one being born right now. I am super pumped to watch those relationships form and for him to have cousins to look up to and to grow up with.

Hurry up Baby Guerin #2. Your cousins are waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment