Thursday, October 22, 2009

Off to the races...kinda

Yesterday was be-a-utiful in Madison. So when I got home and everyone got settled, the dog and I took off for a little run. See? I told you I was going to start getting serious about this working out stuff.

Anyway, apparently I need to make sure the mutt is getting to run a bit more often. We have been extremely lax on the trips to the dog park since a certain furry little one who shall remain unnamed took over our lives. Aiden was beyond hyper on our run. It was like I was running next to a squirrel with a massive case of ADHD. She was all over the place. So many things to smell and piles of leaves to pee on. I wanted to keep the pace up so after the 18th pile of leaves, I stopped stopping for her. She actually at one point half squatted/half kept running while peeing on a long pile of leaves on the side of the road. I didn't even know that was possible. However, it was quickly determined I am not the only one in the house out of shape. She fell asleep on the couch approximately .7 seconds after we got home.

As far as me being out of shape. I actually did less walking on my "run" than I expected, which was nice. But then this morning I woke up and it feels as though I have a mean little leprechaun walking around with me stabbing me in the left hip with every step. Perhaps I should not have gone all out last night. This new hip development is taking the elliptical out of the repertoire for this evening, but I think the stationary bike should be doable. I have to keep going with the workouts. Every time I start working out after taking a hiatus I instantly remember how much it improves my mood. One would think this would be a good part of motivation to keep working out. Yeah...I'm not so smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment