Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tipping the scale

We went to my parents' house for a visit on Sunday. We got to hang out with my parents, my sister, and her family. We ate great food and Alex showed off his skills. None of them had seen Alex in almost a month, so they were taken aback by the size of him. It's crazy how big he is getting. Naturally, while sitting in awe of his fat little feet, we all wondered how much he weighs now. I do not know this because I am afraid of scales and do not have one of the demonic devices in my home. My parents are not afraid. They have a scale. Let the weighing begin!

Problem though. We can't very well have Alex stand on the scale. He may be able to roll over, but the skill of standing still alludes him. So this means someone has to weigh themselves with and without Alex. I was not about to be that person for fears aforementioned. Nicki volunteered. I think it was more because she got to hold him again than really wanting to know how much he weighed, but her doing it meant I didn't have to. Done and done. After her skinny ass scoffed at her weight without him, she grabbed him and got back on the ego shattering scale. Wanna guess?...14 pounds. He is 14 pounds. He is creeping up on triple his birth weight. My little furry critter is growing!

I figured since Alex bit the bullet and got weighed, I should too so I can truly know what I am working with here. Yeeeaaahhh. The number that came up is burned into my brain. It will never be spoken aloud. It is that bad. I have gained 5 pounds since I released that boy into the wild. GAINED 5 POUNDS. Fantastic. Now, I knew I need to lose weight. I just didn't think I was heading in the opposite direction of where I need to go. I was thinking I was at a stand still. Turns out not so much.

So here's what I have decided. I need to get over it and buy a damn scale. That wretched number has thrown my world into a tailspin and it needs to be a smaller number. Much smaller. I am also seriously figuring out a workout plan. Like yesterday. This has gotten beyond a touch out of control and I need to reign it in. A Cooking Light subscription has been mailed in. The recipes in this magazine are not only created with better for you ingredients, but they have appropriate portion sizes listed as well. I love food. Like a lot. Portion size is an issue for me.

Better eating and exercise. This is my plan of attack. My plan to attack the size of my ass. Because damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment