Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Settling in

I feel like nothing is changing anymore. We have settled into a routine, kinda, and we're plugging away each day. The thing is, Alex changes pretty much every day. Each day he gets a little bigger, giggles a little more, sits up a little stronger. So why don't I feel like things are constantly changing? I don't know if it's just that the changes aren't quite as monumental as completely upending your life by bringing home a critter that is completely and utterly dependant on you for everything. Or if it's just that I am getting used to having life in a constant state of flux. Perhaps it is just that I am too damn tired to be so concerned about things not staying the same. Whatever the reason, it is nice to not feel so out of control. There are still a lot times that I have no idea what this kid wants, but eventually we can figure it out.

Watching him learn is awesome. He has found his feet a couple times. You would think once you have found your feet, you would remember they are there. Not so much. Every time he sees them he stops and just stares. It's hilarious.

He is also getting the idea of imitating noises and actions. So when I wag my tongue out of my face at him making silly noises so he will laugh, he immediately starts poking his tongue out of his mouth. And when I make an "oooo" noise at him, he coos back and then giggles and flails about with glee and pride that he figured it out. I think we may amuse each other for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment