Monday, October 19, 2009

It was glorious

Once. One time. For a half hour. That was it. That's all Alex was awake last night. He ate at 8pm, went to sleep, woke up at 1:30am, guzzled 6oz, giggled while I changed his diaper, went back to sleep immediately and stayed that way until 6:30am. He didn't even budge while I hit my snooze button for almost an hour. I was just so happy to be able to stay snuggled in with the dog, I could not force myself to get up. Needless to say, I am donning an unwashed ponytail to work. Whatever, I showered yesterday. Later in the morning too. Totally counts for today.

I am crossing everything that can be crossed that this will last. I know that I shouldn't be so hopeful because chances are he is going to decide to be up a million times tonight as payback for being so nice last night, but a girl can dream can't she?

The other nice thing about him not getting up a lot was that he was in a great mood this morning. Weird right? Who knew that babies are happy when they aren't tired? He sat in his bouncy chair and watched me get ready with a smile on red alert so he could melt my heart each and every time I looked at him. He was also quite chatty this morning. It's a good thing my toaster takes so long, it gave us time to solve global warming. Expect his dissertation. It will have to be translated into something other than, "Oooooo. Oooo! *Burp* Oooooahhh." But it will be noble prize winning. I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment