Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who's got the caffiene?

The amount of tired I am today is close to indescribable. But here we go anyway.

I went to bed at 11:00pm last night because of yucky circumstances beyond my control. Alex woke up at 12:30am to be fed. Fed him, changed him, and went back to sleep around 1:00am. Alex then woke up again at 3:30am. Not because he was hungry, but apparently because he wanted to sleep snuggled up with someone gently patting his butt. Because really, why not? Seriously, pretty much every time I stopped patting because I was, by the mercy of all things powerful, actually falling asleep in that recliner that I have grown to loathe, he would squirm, whimper, and toss his head around. Until the patting resumed. Then he would peacefully put his little hairy noggin back on my shoulder and get back to sleeping. This little dance carried on for an hour. And then, just for grins, he really woke up because he was hungry. Ok. Fine. You're hungry. Let's get you fed and back to bed SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP! What's that? You want to take exponentially longer to eat because you would like to multitask and poop at the same time? Sweet. Great idea. I couldn't think of a better plan...except, oh I don't know....EAT FASTER SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP! No? You'd rather poop? Awesome. At 5:15 Travis took him downstairs, I got back in bed, my alarm went off at 5:30. Yipee fucking skipee.

This whole having to get up at night was a lot easier when I didn't have to work. Who's going to win the lottery and give me a healthy portion of their winnings? ... That's what I thought. Damn.

I am working on choreographing an "Alex Sleeps Through The Night" dance. It's kinda like a Rain Dance. You will all be getting your dance step instructions soon. Get your blue suede shoes ready, Mommy needs some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment