Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3 Months

This little guy has been invading our lives for 3 months now. It is so strange how I seem to have no concept of this amount of time. On the one hand I cannot believe he is already three months old. I feel like it was just a little bit ago that I was so ready to not be pregnant anymore. Maybe that's because that feeling is still very solidly in place. I saw a pregnant woman on Saturday and my stomach just dropped. I am very happy I am not pregnant anymore. Anywho, back to the boy. Every time I look at him he looks bigger and older. He is already THREE MONTHS OLD! So that's the one hand.

On the other hand, I can't believe it's only been three months. I feel like he has been around forever. It is hard to imagine what we filled our time with before the never ending cycles of taking care of our hairy little beast. Sometimes that forever is a nice feeling. Sometimes it is a hard feeling. At 4:30 this morning when he wouldn't stay asleep and I completely broke down crying from exhaustion...not such a good feeling. But then as I held him, he sighed, smiled through his nuk and fell asleep. Add that to Travis being a rockstar and getting up early so I could sleep, and that bad feeling didn't feel quite so bad. It is unbelievably amazing what 1&1/2 hours of sleep can do.

I love Alex very much. But man this is some hard work. I've said it before, I am sure I will say it a million times within the next 37 days....It's a good thing he's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment