Monday, September 28, 2009

Forever.

Yesterday was my parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary. 40 years. 40 years of saying goodnight to the same person and waking up to the same morning breath. The more I think about it, the more I cannot wrap my brain around it. Just thinking about how well you would know someone after being married to them for 40 years is crazy.

As we ate dinner yesterday they teased back and forth about how exhausting it is to married to each other for so long. But lurking a tiny little step behind the teasing you can easily see how much they love each other. They have seen so much as a couple. They have survived some scary stuff and some awesome moments. And then they had three girls. For the last 40 years they each have been the other's never ending support.

I have looked to my parents for guidance on how to get through life on many occasions. Their 40th Anniversary is another reason I believe my parents to be two of the most amazing people I know, and I am so grateful that I get to continue growing up with their example to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment