Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fork it over.

I was under the impression that once my little munchkin was done cooking he would relinquish his vice-like hold on my brain. Apparently that is not the case.

Last week I went to Target to get 5 things. One of which was dish soap. I was going home immediately after Target to wash bottles because we did not have any clean bottles as we were out of dish soap. I got the other four things and proceeded to wander around Target asking Alex what I was forgetting. Yes, asking the baby that can't talk what I was forgetting when I was forgetting soap to wash the bottles for the baby that I was asking. Nothin'. Went home without dish soap and it didn't hit me until I had the sink filling with water and went to add the soap. Nice.

Yesterday, my boss was super awesome and took my coworker and me out on his boat for the afternoon. The instructions were, "Get your stuff done and meet me at the boat." Sweet! Until we were coming back to the dock and he casually asks me where I put his paycheck, because oh yeah, one of the things I was supposed to do yesterday before he was generous enough to take us out boating was PAYROLL. Nothing important though. Nice.

Then today I am driving to work and listening to Bob & Tom. They are talking about Chinese food. And I start thinking how good Chinese food sounds for lunch. But then I remind myself I brought my lunch and I do not allow myself to spend money on lunch when I have brought one with me from home. Bummer right? Until lunch time rolls around and I remember what I packed...Cashew Chicken. I have to admit, this one was bitter sweet...I got my Chinese food. Itch - Scratched.

Basically it's like this kid forgot to leave my brain behind when he vacated the premises. I am going to have to go back and review his lease because I am pretty sure that falls under the whole idea of leaving the premises in the same state they were when you arrived. He may lose his entire security deposit for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment