Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ah Ha!

I knew I would remember what I wanted to write about at some point!

I joined a mom chat board thingy on babycenter. The website is all full of information about having and raising babies. And once you sign up you can join different "boards". An easy one to pick is the board that has parents of babies born in the same month as your baby. Ipso facto I am a member of the June 2009 Birth Club. Basically parents post comments or questions they would like to discuss with other parents that have kids about the same age. And then other members can comment and give thier thoughts and advice or just plain condolences. It is a nice forum for people like me who don't have any idea what the hell they are doing or how they were approved to have a baby. Basically just like any other chat board, it is a good place to ask questions and share info and ideas.

I like being able to read what other parents are dealing with and how they are dealing with it. I have a problem though. And it is really only a problem because I am a freak. So I am in the June 2009 Birth Club right? So that means I am in the same club as parents with babies born on June 1st, and June 2nd, and June10th. Alex was born on June 29th. Now you wouldn't think a couple weeks would make a big difference but holy guacamole does it make a difference. One whole conversation thread was all about which way babies are rolling over. Ummmm....how about no way? Basically this board has let my stupid lack of logic get the best of me and I am all, Why isn't Alex doing this yet? Is it because I am not a good parent? Yes, that must be it! I am a horrible parent and Alex is going to be light years behind children his same age because I didn't know when and how much tummy time to give him. Lucky for me Kari was there to remind me that all babies progress at different rates and they all pretty much get to the same place before they have to go to school so it's all good.

The other problem I have is all the wacky abbreviations people use on these boards. What the hell is a DD? Oh, you're saying you have a daughter. OK, I get the one D stands for daughter, but what's the other D for? And DH? That's your husband? Again, I get what the H stands for, but that damn D is throwing me off again. It definitely makes me feel like am not one of the cool kids that knows the in's and out's of this hip technological way to get together with other moms. Like I am sitting here in Mom Jeans and they all have on the latest style from Seven.

I'm sure once I get used to it, it will prove to be a handy resource. And the more resources the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment