Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tiny Tinkler

So far so good at daycare. I mean it's only been a day and a half, but they said the first day went really well. Alex didn't have much to say about the day....kids these days.

My only complaint is that the daycare provides diapers. Why would I complain about such a thing? Apparently Alex is the tiniest baby in all of tiny baby land. At least of those that attend our daycare. The smallest diapers they have there are size 2. Yeah...he is currently still wearing newborn size diapers that are for kids up to 10lbs. He can kinda wear the size 1 that are for kids up to 14lbs. I don't know how many pounds a child can be and fit in size 2 diapers. What I do know is that Mr. Alex T Julius is not a size 2. As was proven twice yesterday when he soaked two outfits. Which is totally cool because I was thinking all day that what I really wanted to do was add two more outfits to the mountains of laundry. Today, we brought our own diapers. We shall see if I can stop being such a monumental chicken and ask the daycare director for a discount because we have to provide our own.

Other than the butt covering issue, all is well. It is so weird to drop him off and then get the little daily report card thingy telling us how many diapers he went through and how much he ate. I feel like daycare has made this entire having a baby thing more real. I don't know why. You would think pushing the kid out of my hoo-ha would have sealed the reality deal. Nope. Daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment