Monday, August 17, 2009

Fatty McFatterton

I finally broke down and figured out how much weight I need to work on getting rid of. To get to what I feel is a respectable weight number, I need to lose a lot of weight. Between the fact that I wasn't exactly a picture of health before I started growing a kid and the 7 pounds that didn't leave after I was done cooking said kid, we have a ways to go.

The numbers of all this are the reason why I don't own a scale. If I go by the numbers, I need to lose 40 pounds. Now I am not saying I am skinny by any means, but I really am shocked by that number. I was thinking more along the lines of 20. And I thought that was a big goal! 40 pounds is incredibly daunting and oddly not motivating. Now, going by clothes sizes and the way they fit me? That is much more motivating.

So now I am stuck in a pickle. Do I do what I always do and go by how my clothes fit? Or do I buy a scale? The only reason the scale has come into the negotiations I am currently in with my body is because of the zillion doctor visits while preggo. I had no idea what my actual weight was before that. I just knew I needed to lose weight because my pants were too tight. It's easy to say I should just go by how my clothes fit and forget about the scale, but that after-baby number is burned into my retinas and I would really like to replace it with a different number. A much smaller number.

No comments:

Post a Comment