Monday, August 24, 2009

Decision Made

Alex is at a new day care center this morning. Funny, but finding my not quite 7 week old son laying on the floor in a high traffic area wearing nothing but a diaper and screaming is not my idea of quality care. I packed up his stuff, put him in his car seat, covered him with blankets, gave everyone my best mean face, and left. Needless to say, I should have listened when people said bad things about that place. I shouldn't have thought it wouldn't happen that way for us. I shouldn't have let cost and convenience weigh so much in the process of picking a day care. Luckily nothing permanent or painful happened to my baby. I will get over the guilt someday soon, but it really sucks knowing I left him there for 8 days.

Today is a brand new day though. We dropped him off at his new day care and it is much much much better. The woman working there was holding him and talking to him as we left. She took notes when we were telling her his preferences. She took notes. Like actually paid attention and wrote things down so as to not forget. Better than naked and screaming? I'm going to go with a big bucket of hell yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment