Monday, August 3, 2009

So far...interesting

We made it over a month. Alex is still alive. Travis and I have not killed each other, and I am only slightly delirious from lack of sleep.

The boy is doing all the things he is supposed to do. Eat, sleep, poop. Repeat as necessary, but probably not in that order. Or any order for that matter.

There isn't a whole lot of personality showing through at this point, but it is amazing how much he has changed in five weeks. It's amazing how much he seems to change on a day to day basis. Just the other day, he was laying in his crib and he suddenly could see the elephant mobile spinning above his head. It was pretty cool. The look on his face was more of "Hey! When did you guys get here?!"

He is also now reacting to things we do. Which is fun for me because now I have a reason to pester him...it's helping his development! He gave me half a smile last night when I was talking to him. I didn't feel a giant fart after that smile, so I am taking credit for that one. Gas has gotten enough smile inducing credit. It's my turn dammit.

Speaking of gas, that kid has got skills. He can totally out stink both his father and the dog at this point. He may have some competition after a Parthenon night, but all other days, he takes first place in the stinky ass category. The poop is in a whole other competition. It wouldn't be fair to the farts to put them up against the slap you in the face strength smell of the poop that comes out of this kid. The formula doesn't smell like that going in. I don't know what he does with it on it's way through his body, but it isn't nice. I have, however, been able to avoid any more "free pooping" episodes as of late. This was an issue at first. He would poop. I would think he was done. I would want to be a nice mom and not let him sit in his own excrement and go to change his diaper only to find out, no, in fact he was not done. He doesn't seem to mind just lettin' it fly without the correct apparatus in place to catch it. So there I would stand, holding an open diaper under my son's butt while he finishes pooping. One would think I would really make sure he was done before discarding said open diaper and trying to complete the old to new diaper transaction. But again, I acted in haste and he fooled me on more than one occasion. If I remember correctly, the highest diaper count per one instance of changing currently stands at five diapers. Good thing they are so cheap...

Every time I think to myself, "Hey, I think we are getting to be ok at this whole baby thing," he pees all over me, himself, the blanket, the crib, and the changing pad. And then he barfs. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment