Monday, February 2, 2009

Had a doctor's appointment today. I really wish I had better aim when peeing. Trying to pull up your pants with only one hand, or waddling to the sink with your pants around you ankles...no fun either way. I am assured it only gets worse as the bump grows and you are aiming blindly. Can't wait.

Other than a pee hand, all went well at the doctor. I got to hear the heartbeat again and immediately smiled. It is still so very strange to think about the fact that there is something in there...something with a heartbeat and ears and fingernails.

I had a bit of a meltdown on Friday. I got very sad that I couldn't go out and have drinks with people. Immediately my emotions took over any sense left in my brain and I was certain that I was never going to be able to have fun again and I would be forever alienated from my friends. I realized that I feel very guilty because it seems everyone else is more excited about this whole baby thing than I am. Shouldn't I be the one that nobody can stand talking to because I won't shut up about this thing I am growing? After assuring me I was overreacting, Travis also reminded me that maybe I am not so excited because I don't feel any different, yet I have to alter my actions...and nobody else feels any different, but they don't have to alter their actions. They can party their pants off (although that may result in crazy hormones and a growing belly!) whenever they want. I know this is a feeling that will diminish with time, but right now? Yeah...it kinda sucks.

Back to better stuff, my baby has a healthy heartbeat and is the right size! I have only gained 2.5 pounds since my first appointment which makes me think I perhaps had some weight to lose. But I am not complaining. I would like to thank the little one for behaving like a tape worm and using it's current resources before searching for more. Very eco-friendly. I knew this kid was gonna be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment